Friday, July 4, 2008

Topic: Internet Safety

We've been directly affected by Internet safety, through one of the more common thieveries around: credit card theft.


Thanks to our vigilant credit card provider, they noticed some unusual spending on our account. They called us to find out if we purchased so many dollars' worth of photographic equipment. We told them no, we haven't. They took care of it: cancelled the account, all money transfers and provided us with a new account. We owe them our financial welfare.


Another form of internet safety I'm personally concerned with is Identity theft. That is why I will not post any pictures or too many details of myself, other than what is required of this class (my apologies, Prof. Weller). Therefore, I have posted a picture of Monkeyboy, my alter ego. His likeness will have to suffice for the time being.

1 comment:

Worth Weller said...

yeah- I don't require pictures, as the privacy issues are real; but i do encourage them, just for fun, as people enjoy them, and identity theft is not any bigger on the internet than it is out of your recycling bin at your curb, or whatever.